Zinc Bars are in high demand right now.
Zinc FX will develop your ideas to create one-of-a-kind bars & tables to set apart your venue from the competition. Custom Zinc table tops are ideal for commercial restaurants, domestic kitchens and homes.
There is a rising trend toward the use of zinc over new or existing table tops, bars and other surfaces. The antique, almost rustic presentation of Zinc, transforms the mundane and functional into stylish and interesting, enhancing any dining room or bar.
There is a difference between galvanised zinc (a speckled appearance) and solid zinc sheet (solid zinc sheets are one colour)
Zinc looks like a slightly dull version of stainless steel to begin with and over time this darkens OR you can accelerate the finish with our special cocktail of enhancing fluids. By comparison, galvanization is the thin coating of zinc applied over iron or steel to protect the metals against corrosion and normally has a speckled appearance.
Other interesting facts about zinc
- Zinc is the fourth most common metal in use, trailing only iron, aluminium, and copper with an annual production of about 12 million tonnes.
- Australia mines about 1.5 million tonnes per year and is the 3rd largest producer.
- Zinc is the 24th most abundant element, a natural material that can be repolished to retain that new look.
- Zinc has a life span expectancy of up to 100 years or more, when exposed to the natural elements and even longer in interior applications.
- Zinc was traditionally used in kitchens for hundreds of years until the mid 50’s, after which it was replaced with stainless steel due to improved durability.
- Zinc is naturally corrosion resistant and was the preferred material for sinks and kitchen counters before we developed stainless steel.
- Zinc is a natural anti-bacterial product, Incredibly, it’s only recently that scientists realised the hygenic properties of Zinc. Recently they have been able to show how zinc actually blocks an essential pathway causing bacteria to starve (in everyday terms) read the full article here
Click “buy now” to purchase a Zinc sample pack (includes 3 of 100mm x 100mm each) plain zinc + light patena finish + matt urethane coated
Zinc is NOT a substitute for stainless steel. The rapid aging process or patina causes zinc to turn slate grey, further accelerated by food acids, cleaning products and human contact.
We use .7 mm solid zinc sheet unless your location is in a public space or high traffic area, then we can apply 1.6mm zinc sheeting or thicker on request?
You can get started by emailing your details and a photo with dimensions, for a very prompt quote.
Many clients choose zinc because it develops a unique character over time. It is a soft metal and is easily damaged by impact or acids. Zinc FX can only warranty the quality of the product and presentation upon delivery.
To restore the new look, it can be polished and restored quite easily, this is normally quoted as an onsite service.